Solar PV feasibility assessment
Renewable energy is now seen as a way to reduce costs and increase organisational efficiency. Feasibility assessments ensure costs and complexity are highlighted upfront so clients and organisations aren’t on the back foot.
The course shows participants how to obtain an initial costing, calculate the energy yield and create a viable financial model. It also explains solar PV systems and the legislative framework.
The rising costs of electricity supplied by Eskom and Local Municipalities is making renewable energy investments, particularly solar photovoltaic’s increasingly attractive investments. The engineering behind such projects is often costly and complicated leading to reluctance for initial studies into the feasibility of such projects. By first conducting feasibility study into solar projects, much of the mystery is removed and attractive investments are often found. This course is a hands on practical course that shows how to conduct a feasibility study for these technologies, including how to get an initial cost, energy yield and financial model using modelling software and climate data.
- Understand solar PV systems
- Learn about the current and potential future legislative frameworks
- Understand the complex financial incentives and financing options for renewable energy projects
- Understand solar PV costing
- Learn about renewable energy resources and system modelling using sophisticated software
- Be able to conduct a feasibility study based on costs and energy yields of solar PV power systems
- Help your friends to green their homes
Date: 29-30 May 2014
Presented by: Terra Firma Academy
Venue: Cape Town
We would love to hear from you. Go social and let us know what’s on your mind. Send us potential project features, industry news, course information and industry-related events.